Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting .
.
i am zaman. this site is about me. not u. stop being selfish. lol j/k. welcome...[back by pop. demand lol ;-)]-

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I'm the DIY superhero

Salaam
Well its been many moons, (and a few comets), since iv sat here and done this, I guess my laziness combined with a father who takes to gardening as a child to candyfloss didn't help at all. Whenever I wasn't lying on the floor scientifically examining the cracks in the ceiling, I was either mowing the lawn, re-mowing the lawn, mowing my neighbours lawn or tiling!!! Sadly over the holiday my father got the tiling bug, symptoms being constant urges to lay floor tiles wherever possible until the whole house is covered in little squares (and the side effects being a son with severe back pain and constant neck cramps). I guess my erratic changing lifestyle balanced out. I didn't gain or loose any weight even through periods of extended Afghan child labour or mind numbing laziness.

Other achievements this holiday include the cleaning of our garage. A garage seems an incredible piece of construction engineering, able to hold an amount of junk which when removed, seems to be at least 10 times greater in volume than the garage itself, and you always find a pair of 25 year old chapals right at the back in the darkest corner.
It seems possessions are the hardest thing to get rid of, even when they seem to be totally useless and caked in a good inch of dust. "Nope I think we'll keep that" was one probably the most repeated phrases I heard whilst garage cleaning, along with "You know this would look good on the mantle piece" and the occasional "Zaman put that down it's a grenade used to fight the Russians back in Afghanistan".

So on we plodded through all the junk and rubbish, every small piece of wood or masonry was kept, my father being one who keeps anything he thinks he can possibly put to use in the future one of his far out DIY constructions. He could probably build an Olympic sized swimming pool from a pile of bricks and a few nails. But he'd wait for it to rain to fill it up.

* * *
One of my friends wasn't feeling too good the other day. I think there's a possibility that me shoving him down a staircase and kicking him head first into a bucket of wet cement could have been partly to blame.
Glad I woke up from that dream then.

* * *

Alhmadulillah I passed my first year of pharmacy :-), so all is set for me inshaAllah to try better in the second year and make is as a pharmacist. May God help the world.

* * *
-Cartoon of the week:




Wassalam
Over n out
Zaman K Durani

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home







Who the 'ell am I?

Name: Zaman Khan Durani
Age: 20
Location: London

Doing:Pharmacy Degree

COMMENTS BOXES ARE BACK!!

>>

>>AND ALL THE OLD CLASSICS

>>ARE THERE AGAIN :D







ShoutBox


Blog/Xanga Links

Super NAZ
Rambling Monologues
Degrouchyowl
Islam-4-real
Janjy
Qamars Blog Rocks


Archives

archive index


Islamic Links
Check out the Islamic links below:

  A2Youth.com - The Youth's Resource to Islam


Other Stuff

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Zaman/Male/16-20. Lives in United Kingdom/England/London, speaks English. Eye color is brown. I am also ambitious. My interests are Internet/Outdoor Activities.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, England, London, English, Zaman, Male, 16-20, Internet, Outdoor Activities.

FreeButtons