Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting .
.
i am zaman. this site is about me. not u. stop being selfish. lol j/k. welcome...[back by pop. demand lol ;-)]-

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Eid Mubarak waking up on eid Morning

Waking up on an Eid morning has its own little buzz. Unlike normal mornings, an Eid morning is one filled with love, happiness, and a mad rush to get into the bathroom before your dad. You wake up and 'know' its Eid morning. From the first breath of consciousness you can feel it. You can smell it in the air. You can taste it in your pillow. (as well as all that sweat and gob).

EID


Today may have been Eid for thousands of Muslims across the world, (except Pakistan, where they will probably be celebrating it sometime in the next few weeks or so), but to me it was more than that. It was also my birthday (well my lunar one anyway). Yes, its true, 19 years ago to this day, on Eid day of 1985, my mother got the best Eid present of them all: me!!!!!!! Imagine the happiness of having a child on Eid day. And what a child!!! (lol). It was told to me that when I was born, I came out moon-walking. (It was Jacko who copied me incidentally). So there u have it: I was an Eid baby!!! (and I probably still am, duh).

Today in the mosque, there were many ppl, short, tall, and skinny too. White, black, pink and blue. But they all had one thing in common. They were all wearing a face that said "Eid Mubarak, bro. Now I don't know u and u don't know me, but you are going to come up here, shake my hand and give me a big hug" . And that's what it is all about. Not just meeting ppl that you already know, but meeting ppl that you would have otherwise never met before, ppl who may be BETTER than the ppl u already know.

So Eid Mubarak to everyone. And a big collective hug from me....


* * *



I've got some catching up to do. Here's what's been happening in my world in the past few weeks (I have been keeping a small diary)...random ramblings...

November :-

...As I wake up, I slowly regain consciousness. Taking care to rearrange myself from a tumbled mess without permanently damaging myself, I climb to my window and take in the view. A yellow orange haze cloaks the ground, as autumn leaves have now been shed. My eyes become cloudy and I strain to see past the misting window as my bad breath condenses a film of water upon a frosty cold surface. Initial checks seem to confirm that my ears haven't fallen off...

...Bonfire night. The one night when Afghans around the country feel right at home. It's the night when Afghani babies go to sleep effortlessly, the screaming fireworks sounding like a regular evening in Afghanistan. An Afghan family down our road seem to have got the wrong idea as they are firing rounds of bullets and grenades into the air hoping to quench the invading forces. A tear comes to the eye...


...I haven't seen my budgies for about 2 weeks or so. The reason? Well we ate them. Lol no im only kidding. During the cold winter months they get transferred to a smaller cage and then get stuck in the garage where there is no fear of them dying of the cold. It also allows a small change in their lives. Now they can get bored out of their minds in a totally different place...

...In uni we have been doing some interesting practicals. Fascinating, actually. We have been pouring and weighing water in beakers. And then from these readings we calculate the density of the water, the temperature of the surroundings, the mass of the beakers and the average time it will take before we want to slit our wrists, and throw ourselves out the window due to intense boredom (usually around 10 seconds). Apart of that, it's a blast!



* * *


Eid Day Cartoon:

YAY GARFIELD


Wassalam

Over n' out,
Mawz Rajul






Who the 'ell am I?

Name: Zaman Khan Durani
Age: 20
Location: London

Doing:Pharmacy Degree

COMMENTS BOXES ARE BACK!!

>>

>>AND ALL THE OLD CLASSICS

>>ARE THERE AGAIN :D







ShoutBox


Blog/Xanga Links

Super NAZ
Rambling Monologues
Degrouchyowl
Islam-4-real
Janjy
Qamars Blog Rocks


Archives

archive index


Islamic Links
Check out the Islamic links below:

  A2Youth.com - The Youth's Resource to Islam


Other Stuff

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Zaman/Male/16-20. Lives in United Kingdom/England/London, speaks English. Eye color is brown. I am also ambitious. My interests are Internet/Outdoor Activities.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, England, London, English, Zaman, Male, 16-20, Internet, Outdoor Activities.

FreeButtons