Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting .
.
i am zaman. this site is about me. not u. stop being selfish. lol j/k. welcome...[back by pop. demand lol ;-)]-

Friday, October 10, 2003

Metropolis watches and thoughtfully smiles:

Salam. InshaAllah a quick serious post...

There is nothing quite as refreshing as getting injured or ill. Within reason of course. On the weekend I broke [or sprained] my toe and today in uni I twisted my ankle [of the same foot]. Now I walk as if I accidentally swallowed a whole bottle constipation tablets before getting kicked in the stomach by a donkey. It is quite painful. But also quite refreshing.

Everyday you wake up in the morning, hopefully, with all of your body parts in the same place that you left them the previous night, (not that anyone wakes up to find their feet running around the garden, or their hands playing table tennis with their eyeballs downstairs), but nevertheless there are people who dont wake up and open their eyes because that wouldnt make a difference. Or dont press the "snooze" button on their bedside clocks because some horrific accident left them without the means to do so.

I remember being struck by typhoid a few years ago. Two weeks of agony ensued. I was hospitalized and lost a couple of stone in weight. For two weeks I couldnt eat any food, as anything that went in soon came out. So many drips were used, that my arm veins began to clog. All this but I still look back and say that I "enjoyed" the experience. Its just the immense relief when its all over. The feeling that you have somehow been cleansed.

Prophet Muhammad [s.a.w] said "when a believer suffers, his [or her] sins are being expiated as a tree sheds its leaves in autumn*", [saheeh] SubhanaAllah!!

So next time you get an illness or suffer injury, my dear brothers and sisters, realize that it is actually a MERCY from Allah (swt), the most wise, mahshaAllah, and do not curse, but be thankful and say "Allah Akbar**".

Wassalam.

Comic of the week:






Who the 'ell am I?

Name: Zaman Khan Durani
Age: 20
Location: London

Doing:Pharmacy Degree

COMMENTS BOXES ARE BACK!!

>>

>>AND ALL THE OLD CLASSICS

>>ARE THERE AGAIN :D







ShoutBox


Blog/Xanga Links

Super NAZ
Rambling Monologues
Degrouchyowl
Islam-4-real
Janjy
Qamars Blog Rocks


Archives

archive index


Islamic Links
Check out the Islamic links below:

  A2Youth.com - The Youth's Resource to Islam


Other Stuff

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Zaman/Male/16-20. Lives in United Kingdom/England/London, speaks English. Eye color is brown. I am also ambitious. My interests are Internet/Outdoor Activities.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, England, London, English, Zaman, Male, 16-20, Internet, Outdoor Activities.

FreeButtons