Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting .
.
i am zaman. this site is about me. not u. stop being selfish. lol j/k. welcome...[back by pop. demand lol ;-)]-

Monday, October 06, 2003

Colour our world Blackened

Salam

On my first day at uni, I walk up to the platform and board my train, one boot, then the other. Spotting the only empty seat, I forge forward with intent but realize that Im not the only one. Standing equidistant to me from the seat is a tall businessman, about six feet tall, wearing a very formal black jacket and a white shirt. His straight, short black hair, an echo of midnight darkness. In a split second our glances meet. The amount of communication in that split second was as intense. In one glance he told me that he was not messing about. That last night his car was stolen, and this morning his parrot had died. That his wife had divorced him after his children had run away. That his family had disowned him at the age of 14. That for the past 10 years all he had to eat was dog food and he wasnt taking it anymore. All that in one glance.

But my tactic was not to send a deadly glance to strike fear into him. That was what my metal toe cap boots were for. One swift stride later, they were heard, and I got to sit upon my throne. Well id hardly call it a throne. "Bum cruncher" would probably be more appropriate.

* * *



* * *


Walking into the uni, I try my best to not look at the cute girl who is staring at me. Finding the nearest Chinese guy, I sit down and introduce myself. We get on quite well, and share a few jokes. I guess that was the hardest thing: not knowing anyone. The first hurdle is tackled. lol. After a few minutes we are joined by a Pakistani bro, who I later find out is already married to a sister mashAllah!!! I can see these two ppl (so far) being very good friends in the future, Alhmadulillah. Im actually quite surprised myself, as we seem to gel very well.


Sitting in the lecture hall, a lecturer ran proudly through a long list of countries that ppl had come from to be in the uni, with the respective students cheering and clapping on cue when their country was called. When "Afghanistan" was called out, someone fired a rocket launcher into the ceiling and a dead dog was thrown at the teacher. Im happy that at least someone in the uni has a sense of humour. Although Im not sure the dog found it very funny...

And speaking of dogs...Cartoon of the week:







Who the 'ell am I?

Name: Zaman Khan Durani
Age: 20
Location: London

Doing:Pharmacy Degree

COMMENTS BOXES ARE BACK!!

>>

>>AND ALL THE OLD CLASSICS

>>ARE THERE AGAIN :D







ShoutBox


Blog/Xanga Links

Super NAZ
Rambling Monologues
Degrouchyowl
Islam-4-real
Janjy
Qamars Blog Rocks


Archives

archive index


Islamic Links
Check out the Islamic links below:

  A2Youth.com - The Youth's Resource to Islam


Other Stuff

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Zaman/Male/16-20. Lives in United Kingdom/England/London, speaks English. Eye color is brown. I am also ambitious. My interests are Internet/Outdoor Activities.
This is my blogchalk:
United Kingdom, England, London, English, Zaman, Male, 16-20, Internet, Outdoor Activities.

FreeButtons